Thursday, July 30, 2009

BJU Pulls Jaeggli Book from Publication

Official word from Bob Jones University is that Dr. Randy Jaeggli's book "The Christian and Drinking" has been pulled from publication and is no longer available through the campus book store.

This decision came after mounting public pressure from pastors, evangelists, and other Christian workers--pressure that culminated in an excellent article by Dr. Shelton Smith in the Sword of the Lord.

I applaud Bob Jones III and other administrators for their humility and courage in this decision. In addition, I am thankful to countess pastors, evangelists, and other Christian leaders who made their feelings known to BJU. Special thanks is due for the efforts of Dr. Shelton Smith and the Sword of the Lord. Obviously, Dr. Smith's article caused the university to recognize the hopelessly flawed argumentation of Jaeggli's book.

Since BJU has pulled their offensive book, I have withdrawn my review, "Baptist Bootleggers," from this blog.

If you own a copy of Jaeggli's book and would like a copy of my review, I will be glad to send a copy to you in WORD document format via e-mail. You may contact me at preacher@faithbaptistavon.com.